How To Test For STDs At Home
We all have different needs when it comes to STD at home test kits. For this reason, myLAB Box is designed to fit your individual lifestyle by offering you the exact testing options you need. To this end, YES there are ways to test for STD at home, let’s take a look at several of these choices.
14 Panel STD Test
In Stock – Free Shipping$369 – $399
1) Individual STD At Home Test Kits
You may find that you need an STD at home test kit that screens for one particular sexually transmitted infection. Furthermore, this can be especially helpful if you have recently been exposed to a specific infection via a sexual encounter.
Individual tests include:
- Genital Herpes
- HPV (for women aged 30+)
- Mycoplasma Genitalium
- Hepatitis C
- Chlamydia & Gonorrhea (these two infections are screened together for the price of a single-infection test since they are both bacterial-based infections that are often found together)
2) Combination Panels
Much to everyone’s dismay, eighty percent of STDs do not show any easily identifiable symptoms. This means that you should test for all of the most common infections in order to fully know your status. Most of the time, you may not realize if you’ve been exposed to an STD. In short, screening for the most common infections is the smartest and safest way to learn your status.
To make testing easier, myLAB Box offers several STD test kit options that screen for multiple infections using a single sample set. Put plainly, these are the most comprehensive and efficient options on the market.
- Safe Box: This 4-panel test screens for chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV I & HIV II.
- Uber Box: This 8-panel test screens for Herpes Simplex Type II, HIV I & II, Hepatitis C, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis
- Total Box: This one-stop-shop for all of the most common infections screens for 14 sexually transmitted diseases. The comprehensive panel includes: Gonorrhea (genital, throat and rectal), Chlamydia (genital, throat and rectal), Mycoplasma Genitalium, HIV II, HIV II, Hepatitis C, Herpes type II, Syphilis, Trichomoniasis, HPV (add-on option for women aged 30+)
3) Test At Home With a Partner
For many of us, it can seem awkward to discuss sexually transmitted infections and diseases with our partners. That’s understandable, a healthy relationship begins with healthy communication. To that end, myLAB Box aims to help couples open up about their sexual health. Knowing each other’s status can lead to more comfortable, confident sexual experiences.
Couples can test together using myLAB Box’s Love Box, a combination kit that includes two 8-panel at-home test kits. Even better, these tests are available in whatever combination is most appropriate for you and your partner – male and female; male and male; or female and female. Moving forward, this may even lead to newly uninhibited sexual experiences! After all, what could be more intimate than testing with your partner?
Ultimately, myLAB Box wants to help you to learn your status. This year, make a resolution to take control of your sexual health. This year, don’t stress – just test!
Reviewed by Luis Ferdinand M. Papa, MD, MHA
Fast, Easy, Affordable. At-Home Testing
As Seen On
myLAB Box works only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.