Let’s discuss how to test for syphilis at home. For any sexually transmitted infection or disease, early detection and treatment is the best way to stay safe. Syphilis is no exception. This infection is one of the most common sexually transmitted infections in the United States.
In fact, reports released earlier this week by the California Department of Public Health show that the number of STIs in California reached a record high in 2017. Turns out, they are especially concerned about a sharp rise in stillbirths related to congenital syphilis. After all, long-term exposure to this infection can have serious repercussions and side-effects. Every sexually active adult should learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms of syphilis.
The ordering process and learning how to test for syphilis at home are a breeze. Trust us, we designed it that way!
How to Test for Syphilis at Home
With myLAB Box’s at-home syphilis test kits, you can test at any time and from any place. No matter what, you’ll need to provide a tiny blood sample to a testing lab. Fortunately, with home tests, you don’t need to leave the house in order to do this. After all, we’ve included absolutely everything you’ll need in your test package.
Here’s how it works:
- Order a home testing kit (You even get free shipping!)
- Collect a sample using the easy-to-follow instructions.
- Send the sample back to the lab for analysis. (More free shipping!)
- Receive your lab-certified results online in just days.
Test for Multiple Infections At Once
Of course, now that you know how to test for syphilis at home, you don’t have to stop there. Beyond syphilis, you can also test for other common infection individually. These include genital herpes (HSV-2), HIV, chlamydia and gonorrhea, Hep C and more.
For even more convenience, myLAB Box also offers combination test kits. This allows customers to test for syphilis while also testing for multiple other common infections using only a single sample set.
- Uber Box: this 8-panel test kit screens for HSV-2, but also HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomoniasis.
- Love Box: this 8-panel test kit screens for the same infections that are included with the Uber Box, but includes a second test so that couples can test together.
- Total Box: this comprehensive 14-panel test screens for HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Syphilis, Chlamydia (genital, throat, + rectal), Gonorrhea (genital, throat, + rectal), Trichomoniasis and Mycoplasma genitalium. Women who are 30 years of age and older can add the option to test for HPV as well.
Test and then Test Again to Stay Syphilis-Free
That’s how easy it is to test from the comfort of home! Of course, even after treatment… you’re not out of the woods yet. Re-infections are quite common with syphilis. To be absolutely sure you are safe, we recommend testing yourself again two weeks after your treatment ends. This is the best way to be absolutely sure of your status and your overall sexual health.
Don’t Stress, Just Test!
Reviewed by Luis Ferdinand M. Papa, MD, MHA
14 Panel STD Test
In Stock – Free Shipping$369 – $399