Celebrating National LGBTQ Pride Month 2019
Fast, Easy, Affordable. At-Home Testing
Every year people across the globe celebrate Gay Pride or LGBT Pride Month, in honor of the 1969 Stonewall riots in NYC. That rebellion on June 28, 1969 is considered the birth of the LGBTQ movement. We’ve come a long way and there’s more to come. So far, 2019 has been a significant year for the LGBTQ movement with the legalization of same-sex marriage in all 50 states, as of June 2019.
Here are some other interesting facts about the history of America’s struggle to recognize lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- 1952 Christine Jorgensen becomes first American to have gender reassignment surgery
- 1979 First national gay-rights march is held in Washington, D.C.
- 1978 marks the first rainbow flag designed at the request of Harvey Mile and debuted at the San Francisco Pride parade.
- In 1980 the first Gay Pride parades were held in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
- 1983 U.S. Representative Gerry Studds (Mass.) becomes first openly gay member of Congress
- 1991 First TV kiss between same-gender couple, two women on L.A. Law
- 2000 President Clinton declares June Gay and Lesbian Pride Month
- 2009 President Obama declares June Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride month
- 2010 President Obama signs law ending “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy
Need more rainbow resources to help you celebrate Pride this week?
Don some new Adida Superstar sneakers, redesigned as part of their Pride Pack 2019.
Browse country-wide listings of Pride events at the GayCities.com page under events.
Check out the National LGBT Pride Month page on Pinterest.
Last but not least – celebrate Pride safely with a special myLAB Box discount!
In recognition of the upcoming Gay Pride Weekend in Los Angeles, the home of myLAB Box, we are excited to offer you a discount on our at-home STD testing kits. Celebrate LA Pride with peace of mind and receive 20% off your order with the code: LAPRIDE.
We work only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of STD diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.
FSA / HSA cards
Single-use collection kit
Prepaid return envelope
Fast, Easy & Private
Order online on your mobile, tablet or PC
Collect & mail in your sample in 5 minutes
Get lab-certified results online in 1-5 days
* Free physician telemedicine consult if positive.