What Are The Symptoms Of Heavy Metals In The Body?
Fast, Easy, Affordable. At-Home Testing
What are heavy metals?
Heavy metals are elements that can be naturally found in the earth. They are used in many modern-day applications like agriculture and medicines.
The human body naturally contains some heavy metals. Zinc, iron, and copper. All of which are necessary for the body to function correctionally.
Heavy metal poisoning occurs when the body’s soft tissues absorb too many heavy metals.
Common metals that can be absorbed in toxic amounts:
Coming in contact with high concentrations of things like food, air/water pollution, medicine, improperly coated food containers or lead-based pain can greatly increase your chances of poisoning.
Across the United States, heavy metal poisoning is very unlikely. Poisoning occurs when you’ve been exposed to a heavy amount of heavy metal over a long period of time.
Symptoms of heavy metals poisoning vary depending on each type of metal involved.
- Abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- Tingling in feet or hands
Children who have heavy metal poisoning can have unusually formed and weakened bones. Pregnant women may miscarry or deliver prematurely.
Let’s take a closer look at the symptoms linked to the most common types of heavy metals poisoning.
- Lack of coordination
- Muscle weakness
- Hearing and speech difficulties
- Nerve damage in hands and face
- Changes in vision
- Trouble walking
- Aggressive behavior
- Sleep problems
- High blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
- Memory loss
- Loss of developmental skills in children
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Red/swollen skin
- Spots on skin like warts and lesions
- Unusual heart rhythm
- Muscle cramps
- Breathing problems
- Muscle pain
So what causes heavy metal poisoning?
Heavy metals enter the body in different ways. You can consume them in the food you eat or through your skin.
- Working on or near a hazardous waste site
- Living in an area with high levels in rocks, soil and water
- Ingesting pesticides, herbicides or insecticides
- Eating contaminated seafood
- Drinking contaminated water
- Working in an industrial setting
- Welding on alloys with cadmium or silver solders
- Inhaling cigarette smoke
- Living in a home with lead-based paint
- Industrial construction work, radiator repairs or smelter operations
- Being in firing rangers
- Using kohl cosmetics
- Applying progressive hair dye
- Using foreign digestive remedies and calcium products
- Transporting, mining, or producing mercury
- Mining/refining gold and silver
- Consuming contaminated fish or water
- Manufacturing mirrors or X-ray machines
It is important to remember that while anyone can develop heavy metal poisoning, children are the most susceptible.
We work only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of STD diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.
FSA / HSA cards
Single-use collection kit
Prepaid return envelope
Fast, Easy & Private
Order online on your mobile, tablet or PC
Collect & mail in your sample in 5 minutes
Get lab-certified results online in 1-5 days
* Free physician telemedicine consult if positive.