Is There An At Home AIDS Test?
Is there an at home AIDS test? The short answer is “yes, but not exactly.” Instead of an AIDS test, you’ll want to use a Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) test. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are over one million Americans currently living with HIV. Ultimately, this virus can lead to Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, or AIDS.
In today’s post, we’ll discuss the symptoms of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
14 Panel STD Test
In Stock – Free Shipping$369 – $399
Understanding the Difference Between HIV and AIDS
HIV is a virus that is spread through the exchange of bodily fluids. The most common way to become infected with HIV is through vaginal, anal or oral sex. It is also possible to contract this virus in other ways as well, such as sharing needles.
HIV weakens your immune system by destroying cells that are required to fight off other infections. When left untreated, HIV will continue to compromise your body. Eventually, the symptoms of HIV develop into AIDS. This is actually the most severe stage of the virus.
Let’s Explore the Signs and Symptoms of HIV and AIDS
Typically, HIV affects your body in three distinct phases over a long period of time.
HIV Phase 1: Acute Illness
Your first HIV symptoms may become visible within two-to-four weeks after the initial infection. Or, they may not. It is actually quite possible that you may not experience any detectable signs of HIV during this phase. In this stage, the symptoms often appear quite similar to the flu, which leads many infected folks to remain completely unaware of their status.
The most common symptoms of the acute phase may include:
- body rash
- sore throat
- severe headaches
- swollen lymph nodes
- ulcers in the mouth or on the genitals
- muscle aches and joint pain
- nausea and vomiting
- night sweats
HIV Phase 2: Asymptomatic Period
The next phase is the Asymptomatic Period. It may last for ten years or even more. As the name implies, you will not notice any detectable symptoms of HIV. This doesn’t mean that you are in the clear though. The virus is still active inside your body. You may not feel outwardly sick, but HIV is still damaging your immune system.
HIV Phase 3: Advanced Infection or AIDS
Now we’ve finally come to AIDS. At this point, the infection will enter the Advanced Infection stage. This is the “last” stage of HIV, which is often referred to as AIDS. Your immune system has taken on tremendous damage. In its highly weakened state, you will be more susceptible to a number of other illnesses.
During this stage, you might experience the following AIDS symptoms:
- rapid weight loss
- shortness of breath
- night sweats
- rashes, sores, or lesions
- swelling of the lymph nodes in the armpits, groin, or neck
- memory loss, confusion, or neurological disorders
Take a Home HIV / AIDS Test
When it comes to testing from the comfort of home, myLAB Box makes it easy. The lab-certified results you’ll receive are the exact same quality and accuracy as those you’d receive from a doctor’s office.
Here’s how it works:
- Order a home testing kit online. (You even get free shipping!)
- Collect a sample using the easy-to-follow instructions.
- Send the sample off for testing. (More free shipping!)
- Receive your lab-certified results online in just days.
If you’re wondering which test to choose, we’ve got a multiple choice answer for you:
- HIV Home Test ($79) – this focused test screens specifically for HIV.
- Safe Box ($189) – this 4-panel home STD test screens for four of the most common sexually transmitted infections: HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Trichomoniasis.
- Uber Box ($269) – this home 8-panel home STD screens for: HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomoniasis.
- Total Box ($369-399) – our super-comprehensive 14-panel test kit includes: HIV (I & II), Hepatitis C, HSV-2, Syphilis, Chlamydia (genital, throat and rectal), Gonorrhea (genital, throat and rectal), Trichomoniasis and Mycoplasma genitalium. Women who are 30 years of age or older can add the option to test for HPV.
Testing for HIV from home is as easy and convenient as it sounds. Each of these options lets you take total control over your sexual health. So don’t stress, just test!
Fast, Easy, Affordable. At-Home Testing
As Seen On
myLAB Box works only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.