When you Need an STD Urine Test
An STD urine test is one of the most simple and effective tests available today. Labs use urine tests to detect chlamydia, gonorrhea and other common STIs. In the past, testing for these infections required an uncomfortable swab. Fortunately for all of us, those days are over!
14 Panel STD Test
In Stock – Free Shipping$369 – $399
Know the symptoms
Knowing the symptoms of sexually transmitted infections will only help you diagnose and then treat the infection earlier, which is better for everyone involved.
There are several signs that you might need an STI test for chlamydia or gonorrhea:
- Discharge, discomfort or pain during intercourse or urination
- More frequent urination
- Tenderness in the lower abdomen or testicles
Be honest with yourself
If you’ve been sexually active with a partner whose sexual history is unknown to you, it’s important to check for STIs. Knowing the incubation and testing timeframe for chlamydia and gonorrhea is roughly 1-6 days after sexual contact, getting tested sooner rather than later is best.
Being honest with yourself, admitting you need an STI test, and then urinating in a cup is a lot more pleasant than dealing with an untreated infection.
Take a test at home
It’s now easier than ever. myLAB Box offers at home STI urine testing that takes just minutes to complete. Find out how it works and get peace of mind today.
Reviewed by Luis Ferdinand M. Papa, MD, MHA
- Improved Diagnosis of Trichomonas vaginalis Infection by PCR Using Vaginal Swabs and Urine Specimens Compared to Diagnosis by Wet Mount Microscopy, Culture, and Fluorescent Staining. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 1999. .
- Self-Collected versus Clinician-Collected Sampling for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea Screening: A Systemic Review and Meta-Analysis. Public Library of Science. July 2015. .
- Combined Testing for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, and Trichomonas by Use of the BD Max CT/GC/TV Assay with Genitourinary Specimen Types. Journal of Clinical Microbiology. December 2016. .
Fast, Easy, Affordable. At-Home Testing
As Seen On
myLAB Box works only with the best laboratories and health experts to ensure your tests results meet nationwide standards and are as accurate as tests done in a clinic or a doctor’s office.
The laboratories we work with are certified CAP and CLIA high complexity testing organizations at the forefront of diagnostic testing. HIPAA web security protocols protect your data.